That’s a wrap on 2022 National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Throughout the month Sensato shared cybersecurity education, training, and tips and tricks to advance your knowledge about cyber threats and to give tips on how to improve your own cybersecurity strategy. While it’s great to bring a focus to this topic in the month of October, cybersecurity is something that needs to be addressed all year long.
Below are some highlights of the cybersecurity education we shared that can be added to `your ongoing cybersecurity awareness training, all year long.
Training and Education
Medical Device Cybersecurity -3-part Training Series
Cybersecurity 6-Part Training Series - How to Thwart Today's Modern Attacks
Watch this healthsystemCIO.com panel discussion with healthcare leaders discussing how to put the patient first in your medical device cybersecurity planning.
Read this blog post: Four New Phishing Tactics to Watch Out For
Tips, Tricks, and Interesting Facts
Here’s a round-up of some of the cyber facts and tips that we shared throughout the month:
- The average healthcare system downtime from a ransomware attack is 6-8weeks. Most think it's only 24-48 hours. Are you prepared to be "on paper" for 6-8 weeks? To ramp up your incident response efforts, check out this on-demand video to get ideas for taking a tactical approach to incident response.
- Most cybersecurity tools never get implemented, leaving healthcare organizations vulnerable to a cyber-attack. The trend now is towards consolidating vendors for better efficiencies and integration of cybersecurity tools. According to Gartner, 75% of those surveyed said they have a strategy of vendor consolidation. Check out this article with details (hint: it has nothing to do with price).
- Training, Training, Training – best practices show that you should be doing cybersecurity awareness training of your staff at least every 4 months. Need resources for training your staff? Check out our YouTube channel that has lots of free cybersecurity training resources.
- Reduce the Burden on Your IT Team: an Overview of Cybersecurity-as-a-Service
Meet Year End Regulatory Requirements
If you haven’t completed your annual risk assessments and pen tests, here are some reminders and resources for starting these before the end of the year.
- HIPAA Risk Assessment - go beyond just checking the boxes of a standard risk assessment and do a cybersecurity capability maturity model (C2M2). This model meets the requirements of a HIPAA assessment yet provides a detailed view of where your top priorities should be to make your organization more secure. More details are here.
- Penetration Test - Understand your most vulnerable entry points by having our experienced team perform a penetration (pen) test. There are multiple forms of pen tests to understand gaps in your Infrastructure - Internal, External, Wireless, Physical, or Social Engineering. More details are here.
While it’s great to focus on cybersecurity in October, cybersecurity really needs a concerted focus all year long to stay ahead of the constantly changing cyberattack tactics.
To stay up to date on current cyber threats and information, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter to get access to more cybersecurity resources.